Hunting for a Cure - A benefit hunt for St. Jude's presented by Hunting For A Cure Founders Barney and Mike Davison
Presented by Hunting For A Cure Founders Barney and Mike Davison -

Tennessee Hunting License Fees

TWRA LogoThe hunting and fishing licenses go on sale February 18 each year, the beginning of prime fishing, and are valid until the last day of February the following year. Seasons are subject to change. License fees are subject to change. Migratory bird seasons are determined by federal regulations. Most licenses, except the Lifetime Sportsman License and specialty licenses, such as Wheelchair, Disabled Veteran, SSI (Supplemental Security Income), and Blind Fishing licenses, are available from most county clerks, sporting goods stores, hardware stores, boat docks and other interested merchants and from all TWRA offices. All license prices, except the Lifetime Sportsman include an agent's fee

License Ordering By Phone

Now charge your license(s) to Visa, Discover, or Mastercard!  Call Toll Free: 1-888-814-8972.  Regular license fees plus a $3.45 processing fee will be charged to your credit card.  Licenses may also be purchased online by clicking here: Tennessee Online Hunting and Fishing License Sales

Resident Licenses
Resident licenses can be purchased by:

  • Persons who possess a valid Tennessee driver's license.
  • Persons who have lived in Tennessee for 90 consecutive days with the genuine intent of making Tennessee their permanent home.
  • Military personnel on active duty in this state and their immediate families, who reside with them, regardless of resident status.
  • Students who are enrolled in a Tennessee school, college, or university for at least six months.
NOTE: A Social Security Number is required to purchase A Tennessee hunting and fishing license.

Hunting and Fishing Combination* (Type 001)
* Supplemental Licenses
Supplemental Licenses (Types 005, 009, 010, or 011) are required, in addition to the Hunting and Fishing Combination license, to hunt deer, bear, boar, turkey and waterfowl. The type of hunting equipment to be used determines which supplemental license is necessary.
Annual Big Game Gun (Type 009)
Annual Big Game Archery (Type 010)
Annual Big Game Muzzleloader (Type 011)

Nonresident Licenses

These do not include WMA or special season permits.

Junior Hunt/Fish (Type 070)
Required for nonresidents ages 13-15. A Type 073 or 074 is required to hunt big game.
7-Day Hunt-Small Game/Waterfowl (Type 072)
Hunt-Small Game/Waterfowl (Type 071)
7-Day All Game (Type 074)
Annual All Game (Type 073)

Hunters Education Classes

Hunters EducationAnyone born on or after January 1, 1969 must possess proof that they have successfully completed a hunter education class before hunting in Tennessee.

Those under 10 years of age do not need a Hunter Education certificate, but must be accompanied by an adult at least 21 years of age, who must remain in a position to take immediate control of the hunting device.

All classes will have an additional "live fire" classroom day.

The hunter education class instructs students in Hunter Responsibility, Hunter Ethics, Hunting Tools, Shooting Fundamentals, Firearm Safety, Wildlife Management, Survival, and First Aid.

- Region 1 Hunter Education Class Schedule
- Region 2 Hunter Education Class Schedule
- Region 3 Hunter Education Class Schedule
- Region 4 Hunter Education Class Schedule
- Statewide Bowhunter Education Class Schedule
- Hunter Education CD-Rom and Online Class Information
© 2006 Hunting for a Cure . org.   All Rights Reserved